Application Form – CRN Membership
CRN is proud to offer two types of memberships, Full Membership and Associate Membership. Those who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for membership to CRN;
– Persons who have acquired Diplomas of CRN, who obtain a majority vote of 80% of acceptance from the Executive Committee on initial application
– Where circumstances apply, other qualified Irish Dancing Teachers, who obtain a majority vote of 80% of acceptance from the Executive Committee on initial application T
– Teachers/trainee teachers who are over 18 years, who obtain a majority vote of 80% of acceptance from the Executive Committee on initial application
– All applicants must be retired from solo and team competitive dancing.
– All applicants will complete an interview conducted by the Executive Committee prior to acceptance to CRN
Associate teachers accepted into CRN will have the right to speak and air their views at meetings however they will not be able to vote or propose motions at the AGM or stand for officership until they have qualified as teachers and become full members
Within 1 year of becoming an associate member of CRN, associate members must partake in a full ODCRN training course run by a recognized teacher trainer. To remain a member of CRN all associate members must sit the ODCRN part 1 within 3 years of their application to become a member. On successful completion of ODCRN part 1 all associate members must sit ODCRN part 2 within 3 years of passing part 1.
Renewal of Membership:
The Annual Subscription fee for each year is payable to the Treasurer on or before April 1st of the preceding year. From 2014 CRN have rolled out a Garda vetting process (Irish members only), code of practice and have appointed DLP’s. Renewal and new applications of membership are subject to satisfactory out of;
– Garda Vetting process
– Agreement and Adherence to the CRN Code of Practice
– DLP sanction and approval
– The teachers ODCRN exams are held twice and year and the adjudicators exams are held once a year.
– All applications for teachers exams are to be sent to the Secretary of the examining panel three months before the exam together with the associated fee.
– Applications for exams must contain a letter from the trainer confirming they have completed a 2 year training course
For details regarding examinations fees please email email@example.com